Page Rotation issues after moving - PDFTron V8.7

Product:

Product Version: 8.7

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
When a rotated page is moved, the page is not displayed properly

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
1.Open the document in edit mode.
2.Rotate a page and move the rotated page in the document.

Expected result: The page should be displayed correctly.

Actual result: The page is not displayed correctly as per screenshot below:

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:
Note that, this happens when you rotate page to horizontal positions only.
For ex:
1st document is rotated once to clockwise(horizontal). 2nd page document is in vertical position
Now, when we move the 1 st horizontal page below 2nd one, the issue occurs.

The UI issue disappears when we resize it or save the changes. While saving changes, the page height issue does not appear.

We have recently migrated from V7 to V8.7.
The inbuilt method - layoutChanged() has been deprecated and replaced with pageUpdates() method. Hence using the same pageUpdates() method.

Code snippet:

On reordering, it is going inside the expected condition and acting/responding the way its expected.
but its causing UI issues. Functionality wise its fine.

I debugged the UI/element part of it, but the UI is rendered dynamically from PDFTron lib itself.
Any inputs are appreciated.
Regards,
Sunethra

1 Like

Hi
Thanks for contacting us for support. I am Jack from Webviewer team.
We have already tackled this bug and it is still in the code review process. I will let you know when it merged.

Best
Jack

Hi Jack,
Could you please provide an ETA on this?
Regards,
Sunethra

Hi Sunethra
Should be in next Monday I guess. There is some flaky test that occurs, which needs some time to investigate.

Regards,
Jack

Hi Sunethra
Could you please try this custom build? The code review process is a little bit slow. I will let you know when it is ready.

Best
Jack

Hi Jack,
It looks like the version is 8.11 now from the custom build file you provided.

However, I am skeptical that it may not tally with code version and might get version conflicts or unknown issues which may or may not be due to 8.11.
Kindly requesting you to expedite this to the earliest, if possible.
Regards,
Sunethra

Hi Sunethra
is it possible for you to upgrade to version 8.10??

Regards,
Jack

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the update. Yes, we upgraded to 8.10. However, still no go. :face_with_peeking_eye:
Regards,
Sunethra

Hi Jack,
Any updates on when 8.11 will be released?
Regards,
Sunethra

Hi Sunethra
The 8.10 still does not have the solution for the bug. I could give you our custom build for 8.10. I will let you know when it merged. is it work for you??

Regards
Sunethra

Hi Jack!
I got confused looking at your signature for a moment :smiley:

Yes sure. When can I expect this to be merged? We are under tight deadlines and running short of time day by day.
Please do let us know when its merged. Will be grateful.

Regards,
(Should is say Jack? ) :smiley:
Sunethra

Hi Sunethra

Sorry, my mistake. Here is the custom build for the version 8.10. Please let me know if it not work.

Please give me 2 more days for the merge process. It should be soon.

Regards
Jack

1 Like

Hi Sunethra

There is a good news that the fix is merged into the version 8.10. It will be release in tomorrow. Please check on our latest nightly build tomorrow!

Let me know if it not work!

Regards
Jack

1 Like

Hi Jack!
That’s great to hear! Thank you for keeping me updated.
Another question
There was another similar kind of issue, related to this issue reported by my colleague, on Nov 10th

Will the fix be available in the same build?

Regards,
Sunethra

Hi Sunethra

The fix won’t be in the same build

Regards,
Jack

Hi Jhou,

I’m writing this on behalf of @sunethra.krishnaraj .Actually we have checked this “rotation issue” today. But still issue persists in 8.10. Any thoughts on this will be helpful.

Regards,
Nallusamy.

Hi Nallusamy

I have checked the new build It looks good for me. The fix is in there! Could you check this build?? If there is still a bug, please let me know!

Regard
Jack

Hi,

We have integrated this custom build with our code. But no luck. Issue still persists.

We are trying alternate approaches for the integration.

Please confirm if this fix is integrated in 8.10 or we need to proceed with custom build.

Regards
Madhura

I am not sure if there is edge cases, could you please send me the video of the bug??

Regards
Jack