Loading 5GB file

Product: PDFTron WebViewer

Product Version: 8.0.0

Please give a brief summary of your issue:

Error while loading 5GB PDF file to viewer.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:

Error while loading 5GB PDF file to viewer. For the first 30 seconds there is no errors, but after that I got an error message like below.
Screenshot of error message below:

MicrosoftTeams-ima321321321ge

Hello there.

Thanks for contacting WebViewer’s support.

It seems that the file is invalid somehow. Would you be able to share it so I can try to debug it on my side?

Best Regards,
Diego Felix
Web Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.

Hi,

Can you please told me if PRFTron WebViewer is able to open documents larger than 2GB?

Best Regards

Hello there.

I wasn’t aware that WebViewer had this limitation, so I checked with my colleagues here and, unfortunately, WebViewer cannot load files bigger than 2GB.

Best Regards,
Diego Felix
Web Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.

Hello there.

It was brought to my attention that my previous answer was not complete.

WebViewer does support files greater than 2GB if it’s loading XOD files or WebViewer Server. You can use docpub (https://www.pdftron.com/documentation/cli/guides/docpub) to convert PDF to XOD files and you can read more about WebViewer Server here: https://www.pdftron.com/documentation/web/guides/wv-server-deployment.

In addition to that, just want to emphasize that we are also working on adding support WebViewer for arbitrary file size without the need for WebViewer Server or XOD optimization, but don’t have a timeline for it yet.

Best Regards,
Diego Felix
Web Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com