[iOS] Tools.framework modifications

Hi,

I want to change the tools.framework so that when I tap a annotation, the menu show to the screen to edit it has another design (prints at the top of the screen).

I successfully added the PDFNet.framework and Tools.framework as dynamic dependencies to my project and did some test.
As they are dynamic libraires, I can’t change the code from here.

I am new to iOS environment and want to have some clues about how to proceed:

Do I have to do my modifications in the Tools project, then build it up and put it in my project to test it,
or do I have to add the whole Tools source project into mine in order to change it and run it directly ?

I tried to put all the sources in my project but encountered some dependency problems when using it.
Can somebody provide me a simple step by step procedure (about target denpendencies and all) of how to add modifications to the Tools sources and put it in an iOS project with XCode please ?

Thanks you very much and sorry for the poor english. It is not my native language.

Hello Bruno,

Thank you for your interest in our SDK, and sorry for the delay in a reply.

Yes, all of the source code for the tools are provided, so that you have full control over the UI/UX. You can get any behaviour you want. We do include some API for basic/common tasks, but generally, if you want to make changes to the UI, then you will modify/extend the Tools code, and build it as part of your project.

This guide should answer all your questions about building.
https://blog.pdftron.com/2016/11/14/getting-started-with-pdfnet-for-ios/

In particular Part 2.

To best assist you further, it would be great to know more about your project.
Why is PDF annotating on iOS important for you?
Is this a new feature, or are you looking to replace an existing solution?

If you prefer to discuss privately, please feel free to email support at pdftron.com.

I’m facing the same problem.

I have a framework that uses CocoaPods that, today, depends only on PDFNet.framework.
Now I’m trying to make this same project use the Tools library.
Can’t build the Tools source as the latest release (Oct 17) the Tools.xcodeproj doesn’t even load in Xcode 8.3 (neither 9)
Building a previous verion of the Tools source code fails as it can’t find any #import <PDFNet…>

So, whats the procedure on making a framework that holds both PDFNet and Tools?
Em sexta-feira, 13 de outubro de 2017 20:54:04 UTC-3, ROSINI Bruno escreveu:

Hi,

I want to change the tools.framework so that when I tap a annotation, the menu show to the screen to edit it has another design (prints at the top of the screen).

I successfully added the PDFNet.framework and Tools.framework as dynamic dependencies to my project and did some test.
As they are dynamic libraires, I can’t change the code from here.

I am new to iOS environment and want to have some clues about how to proceed:

Do I have to do my modifications in the Tools project, then build it up and put it in my project to test it,
or do I have to add the whole Tools source project into mine in order to change it and run it directly ?

I tried to put all the sources in my project but encountered some dependency problems when using it.
Can somebody provide me a simple step by step procedure (about target denpendencies and all) of how to add modifications to the Tools sources and put it in an iOS project with XCode please ?

Thanks you very much and sorry for the poor english. It is not my native language.

Hi,

The project I’m working on is a simple PDF management application where a user can interact with PDF files (add annotation, edit annotation and share it).
We had another Framework for the annotations but we are currently changing it to PDFTron and want the UI to look like the previous tool.
The project uses Cocoapods for some other functionnalities.
I have the PDFNet.framework added as a dynamic library, but adding the source files to my project make it impossible to build.

Do you have any procedure that can help me ?
Le mercredi 18 octobre 2017 02:46:13 UTC+2, Ryan a écrit :

Hello Bruno,

Thank you for your interest in our SDK, and sorry for the delay in a reply.

Yes, all of the source code for the tools are provided, so that you have full control over the UI/UX. You can get any behaviour you want. We do include some API for basic/common tasks, but generally, if you want to make changes to the UI, then you will modify/extend the Tools code, and build it as part of your project.

This guide should answer all your questions about building.
https://blog.pdftron.com/2016/11/14/getting-started-with-pdfnet-for-ios/

In particular Part 2.

To best assist you further, it would be great to know more about your project.
Why is PDF annotating on iOS important for you?
Is this a new feature, or are you looking to replace an existing solution?

If you prefer to discuss privately, please feel free to email support at pdftron.com.

Joao, I would first recommend re-downloading the latest release for iOS, then make sure to fully delete/remove PDFNet from your project (not just form the project, which is the Xcode default, but also from disk, when Xcode prompts), then re-add PDFNet.

If that does not help, then please post the exact message that you are getting when you try to use PDFNet in xcode.

We have other users who are using the latest version with Xcode 9.

Bruno, thank you for the additional information.

but adding the source files to my project make it impossible to build.

By source files you mean the PDFNet Tools source files?

What is the error that you get when you try to build? Please provide full details of error(s).

It worked after some trial & error.

After everything I tried, what worked was using the Tools project itself (the May/17 build) and embedding the resulting .framework file into another CocoaPods Project, which exports both PDFNet.framework and Tools.framework

Thank for the support
Em quarta-feira, 25 de outubro de 2017 17:20:36 UTC-2, Ryan escreveu:

Joao, I would first recommend re-downloading the latest release for iOS, then make sure to fully delete/remove PDFNet from your project (not just form the project, which is the Xcode default, but also from disk, when Xcode prompts), then re-add PDFNet.

If that does not help, then please post the exact message that you are getting when you try to use PDFNet in xcode.

We have other users who are using the latest version with Xcode 9.