Integrating PDF pages with images

I'm doing a slide show of content. I have it showing images inside a FlipView. I would like to put the pages of the PDF in this FlipView also.

What is the best way to accomplish this?

Putting images in a flip view is quite easy. It’s just a matter of using PDFDraw.GetBitMapAsync.

If all the content is in just one PDF, it might be worthwhile to just use the PDFViewCtrl, with PDFViewCtrlPagePresentationMode.e_single_page, and adjusting zoom limits. It might also be worthwhile to merge the content into one PDF document first, then display that. Obviously, if there are a lot of pages, then this might be too much of an “initialization” cost.

Another option is to put multiple PDFViewCtrl’s into one FlipView. If you do this, you will probably have to write code that deals with virtualization. That is, you would have to make sure that when a document is in view (or close to the view) you open it in that PDFViewCtrl, and when a document is further away from the view, you have to close it. It might be a bit finicky. Also, you should use one of the continuous PDFViewCtrlPagePresentationModes.

You may also find the following helpful:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-sdk/kuhbmCseZoQ/C6-CyRyZPGcJ

Converting them to images worked well. I’ll keep the other options in mind for the future.