Customizing iOS Annotation Tools

Q:

I am currently evaluating PDFNet SDK as a framework for an IOS applications.
We need to be able to annotate, save and share PDF documents. In addition to search within documents.

I have managed to get the annotations tool working but have some questions I wonder if you can answer.

1. Is it possible to change the UI of the annotation toolbar, and add/remove items from it?

2. Is it possible to have the annotation toolbar appear from a menu rather than using a long click?

3. Judging from your second question, I believe by annotation toolbar you are referring to the UIMenuController that appears when you long press the document. Is that correct? If so, yes you can customize it. All of the document interaction behavior is part of the open source Tools library, which is included with the SDK in Lib/src/PDFViewCtrlTools. If you search for where UIMenuItem objects are created, you can find where the various options are added, and modify as needed.

4. Yes, a toolbar is part of the open source tools library, so you can customize it however you wish. Its source code can be found in Lib/src/PDFViewCtrlTools/Tools/Controls/AnnotationToolbar.{m,h}

It is used in the sample project CompleteReader.