Bookmark is not getting saved. How can we save?

Product:

Product Version:

Please give a brief summary of your issue:

Bookmark is not getting saved when the product is relaunched. It removes previously added bookmark. How can we save ?

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi Team

Can anybody reply?

Hi @pawan.verma

Thanks for contacting us! Unfortunately I’ve not been able to reproduce the issue on my end, Could you provide additional information regarding this issue such as a sample project or sample code?

Thanks,
Andrew

Hi @Andrew

Thanks for the reply.

Issue Video Link - Bookmark.mp4 - Google Drive

I made a video to reproduce the issue. Hope this will give you more clarification on this issue and please assist me with the proper solution.

Thanks
Pawan

Hello Andrew

Have you gone through by uploaded video? If you found the problem so please help me to fix it.

Thanks

Hello @pawan.verma

It seems that your documents are stored on the server. You will need to export the bookmark JSON string after closing the document and store this value to your servers so that the next time you open the document you can re-import the JSON string.

Bookmarks are handled by the BookmarkManager.importPdfBookmarks and BookmarkManager.exportPdfBookmarks functions:

Thanks,
Andrew.

Hello Ama

I am exporting bookmark using -

val bookmark = BookmarkManager.exportPdfBookmarks(mPdfViewCtrlTabHostFragment.currentPdfViewCtrlFragment.pdfDoc)

This method export bookmark only from PDF documents. And in case of other documents (ppt,word,doc) this mehtod return blank object “{}” only.

How we can get bookmarks from all type of documents.

Thanks-
Pawan

Hi Pawan,

In order to export the bookmark JSON from non-PDF files, you will need to use exportUserBookmarks and importUserBookmarks

You will need to determine if your current document is a PDF or not since exportUserBookmarks and importUserBookmarks will not work for PDF documents (you will need to continue to use exportPDFBookmarks and importPDFBookmarks respectively)

Thanks,
Andrew