With MultiTab when we add new tab all previous tab names are changed to new tab file name

WebViewer Version: 8.7.0

With Multi tab evey time we load new document, the previous tabs names are overridden by the new tab name.
this.wvInstance.UI.TabManager.addTab(result, tabOptions).subscribe((newTabId: any) => {

every time above line executes, the tabOption.FileName is also changed for all other tabs previously opened.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi,

Any update on the above issue, please?

I never tested on 8.7 but we use the multitab in the 8.8 and it works , the tabOption.FileName is not changed for all other tabs.

But we do not use a subscribe after the addTab.

Thank you Michael for your prompt reply,
Changing to 8.8 immediately would not be possible immediately.
e.g. TabName : Tab1

Tab1 | – when you try to add Tab 2 it shows as belows

Tab2 | Tab2

Hi Sameer,

We have added various fixes and improvements for MultiTab in the upcoming version 8.9, including a fix for the issue you have described.

For now you can use the VIEWER_LOADED event to workaround this issue.

UI.addEventListener(UI.Events.VIEWER_LOADED, () => {
  UI.TabManager.addTab(file, options)
})

Note: this event was broken in version 8.7 and you will still have to update to version 8.8 to use this workaround.
Since this is a minor version update, all your custom code that worked in 8.7 will still work in 8.8.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Moaaz
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for your reply, I am working on the workaround that you suggested, Only thing is we add tabs when we have a new document to be loaded, the Viewer will be loaded and kept upen, the tab is added dynamically as needed.

When shall we have the 8.9 version?

Thanks,
Sameer

Hi Sameer,

Version 8.9 is currently being tested for release. We are aiming to release it in 1-2 weeks.

Best Regards,
Ahmad Moaaz
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

Hi @Ahmad , I see it resolved… Thank you, 8.9 version looks good.