WebViewer messes up appearences (or i do something wrong)

WebViewer Version: 7.3.3 but also happening with 8 onwards

I am using WebViewer in Version 7.3.3 (but i tested with the Demo and it is also happening). So i’m not sure if i’m doing something wrong or it is a real problem.

WebViewer is used with FullAPI and no WebViewer-Server.

I have a PDF (Original.pdf), it contains form fields. When i open the PDF in the WebViewer and type something into the form fields everything looks great (also the € Symbols are Visible in the currency fields):

But after i download the filled PDF, the formatting of the font is a little bit different. Also (and this is the important thing for us) the numbers after the decimal points aren’t shown and the €-Symbol is missing:

When i fill the PDF with Adobe Reader/Adobe Acrobat or any other (native) Program, it looks better:

Filled with WebViewer.pdf (118.6 KB)
Filled with Adobe.pdf (122.8 KB)
Original.pdf (115.6 KB)

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Thanks for the description and sharing the file! I can see the same thing you’re seeing and will be forwarding this over to our core SDK team to investigate further.

1 Like

Hello Matt,

thanks for confirming. I hope there is a fix soon :slight_smile:

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your patience, we have identified the cause and we are working on a fix. We will keep you updated!

Best Regards,
Jason Hu
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

Hello Jason,

alright, thank you for the update!

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your patience, I have made a fix on the Webviewer side, it would need one more twink in the Wasm worker.

We will keep you posted, hope all is well.

Best Regards,
Jason Hu
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

1 Like

Hello Chris,

Just a quick update, the fixes are still being iterated on and tested but we’re getting closer. I’ll let you know when we have a build for you to test out.

We will keep you posted, hope all is well.

Best Regards,
Jason Hu
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

1 Like

Hello Chris,

I hope you are well.

The fix on WebViewer side have been merged to master branch. But we would need the worker to run JavaScript actions, so we are still waiting for it.

Best Regards,
Jason Hu
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

Hello Jason,

thank you for the update!

Hello Chris,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The team has completed the fix in the core library, and the fix is making its way through the pipeline to an official WebViewer SDK version, which will take some additional time. Our server/desktop PDFNet 9.2 is expected to be available by the end of the month. The WebViewer team hopes to release WebViewer 8.3 using PDFNet 9.2 around the same time.

Best Regards,
Jason Hu
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

1 Like

Hello Jason,

thank you for the update. We are looking forward to the new Viewer Version (=