WebViewer Feature.MathSymbols

Hello,

I have been trying to find a way of enabling Math Symbols in my project using PDFTron. After going through some of the documentation I stumbled upon this, which is, if I understand correctly a way to insert math symbols into free text annotations.

instance.enableFeatures([Feature.MathSymbols]);

Am I understanding this feature correct? I have implemented the code but I am not seeing any changes. Could some one shed some light on what and how this feature works. Or perhaps point me in the direction about finding more information about it.

Ideally I would like to implement MathJax or LaTeX into free text annotations which would allow our uses to use type setting. But for now this feature is a good first step toward this.

Thanks in advance,
-Dante

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi Dante,

The MathSymbols feature is part of the FreeText annotation richtext popup. Right now the richtext popup is disabled by default (see here for more details https://www.pdftron.com/documentation/web/guides/annotation/rich-text/) so I think the workaround for you would be to enable that as well.

instance.enableElements(['richTextPopup']);

The icon on the top right of the rich text popup will open up the symbol list.

We should probably automatically enable the richtext popup if the MathSymbol feature is enabled so we’ll go ahead and make that change for our next release as well.

1 Like