WebViewer 8.0, Document loading sometimes take up to 200% instead of 100%

WebViewer Version: 8.0
Angular: 12

After updating to version 8.0, the document loading goes up to 200% instead of 100% while opening the document.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hello there.

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you elaborate more on what you mean by “take up to 200% instead of 100%”? Maybe share a screen recording or a screenshot to illustrate the issue.

Also, does this happen with a specific document or any document?

Best Regards,

Diego Felix
Web Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.

Hi

Thanks a lot for the response.

So basically when I open a document, the loading goes up to 200% before the document is loaded completely and opened. It does not happen to any specific document, the behaviour is same for all documents. Also it does not happen all the times, but randomly with a probability of 70% (approximation). I am uploading a screenshot.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Some more questions:
1 - Which device do you use to reproduce the error?
2 - Are you loading local files or files from URLs?

Best Regards,

Diego Felix
Web Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your reply once again. Following are the answers to your questions:

1. I am using google chrome(Version 91.0) with macOS Catalina. Technologies being used are Ionic(version 5.6) with Angular 12, Also tested the build on an android device (Samsung Galaxy S10) and the issue persists.

2. Files from URLs

Hello there.

I will need more information in order to investigate this further:

• Can you share the options (without the license) that you are using to initialize WebViewer?
  • How do you calculate and display the percentage? Is it native or do you have a custom code for it? If it’s custom code, can you share the relevant part and what APIs do you use for it?
  • Can you share a document URL that triggers this behavior?

Best Regards,

Diego Felix
Web Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com