Upgrade to 6.5.3 results in compile error - do I need Java 8?

I get this error:

13:35:25.878 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process ‘command ‘C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_67\bin\java.exe’’ finished with non-zero exit value 2

I can’t find answer to this simple question which version of Java is required to run PDFTron on Android. Is the above error related to Java 7?

Thanks

Zeeshan

Could you post the full build log?

Our project is pretty complex and no one single answer could solve our issue. However this Stackoverflow post guided in a direction which helped.

As it stands now, I have all these lines commented out in all the gradle files which are part of our project.

compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])

Project libraries seem to be pointing to the required jars and libs already which were needed and no wildcard was needed.

Also, compiling this heavy duty project so many times, my team has a strong feeling that Android Studio doesn’t really empty its cache 100% even if you do invalidate cache, and/or do a Clean build. We ended up deleting the build folders to force a true rebuild.

At this point in time, the project builds fine and new PDFTron is working fine.

Zeeshan

On Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 3:02:42 PM UTC-4, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:

I get this error:

13:35:25.878 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process ‘command ‘C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_67\bin\java.exe’’ finished with non-zero exit value 2

I can’t find answer to this simple question which version of Java is required to run PDFTron on Android. Is the above error related to Java 7?

Thanks

Zeeshan