Status bar of my app being overridden by PDFTron

Product:Pdftron Android SDK
Product Version: :9.1.0
Status bar of my app being overridden by PDFTron
Example in video.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi,

Unfortunately I was unable to reproduce this in Android using our react-native-sample. I opened and closed some documents however the status bar appears unchanged.

react-native-sample

If possible would you be able to send us a sample project?

Best Regards,
Eamon

1 Like

Here is a source you can reproduce and please test on a real device to make the issue

Thanks supported.

Any solution to fix it?

Anyone here can support me.
Thanks!

Hi,

We tried this sample on devices with different API levels and different themes but unfortunately, we were not able to reproduce this issue.

1. Could you provide more information on a test device that is experiencing this issue?
  2. The sample that you sent us is different than the video that you sent us. (In your video, after navigating from documents, the issue will appear. However, We don’t have a similar test scenario in this sample)
    Could you please let us know what is the steps to reproduce this issue in this sample project or send us the video that shows how do you reproduce it in this sample project?
    Thanks.

Best regards,
Saeed

I updated source above you can try pull code and test again to reproduce.
I testing on a physical device Oneplus 8T device with (Android 11).
Please try test on physical to reproduce.
Here is screen record with the source

I had try test on devices with different API levels and issue had.

Hi,

Thanks for updating the sample and screen recording.
We produced the issue and we are working on it. We will update you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Saeed

Thanks for supported.

Hi,

After more investigation regarding this issue, we noticed that by changing the status bar theme from:
<StatusBar backgroundColor="white" barStyle="dark-content" />
to
<StatusBar backgroundColor="black" barStyle="light-content" />
The issue will be fixed. This is a workaround and would this workaround be an option for you?

Best regards,
Saeed

But in my app, requirements status bar is “dark-content” so the solution is not work, I think you need fix solution in the native code of PDFTron SDK for Android

Thanks for the clarification, we are looking into the problem and will follow up with a fix as soon as we can.

1 Like

Hi, please update to the latest version of React Native, the issue is fixed on our end, tested with your project:

Sep-29-2021 08-33-57

Thanks.