Prevent Display of Author Name and Timestamp of Existing Annotations

Hello - Could you please explain with detail the code needed to hide the Annotation author name and timestamp? This is for a document that is read-only and not open to further annotations by users. I’m using version 5.1

Thank you, in advance, for your help!

-Suzanne.

Hi Susan,

Thanks for reaching out.

There is no API readily available to do what you are trying to achieve. However, it seems that you can do this through simple CSS. It looks like the date has a class of “time” and the other two are spans under the title div. So you could simply do something like this:

.title > span, .title > .time {
display: none;
}

If you end up upgrading, in 6.2 we have the following API:
https://www.pdftron.com/api/web/WebViewerInstance.html#dangerouslySetNoteTransformFunction__anchor

With it you can control what is rendered in the notes panel.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best Regards,
Armando Bollain
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.

Hi Armando,

Thank you for your quick reply! I was able to work with the css you provided, thank you for your help on that!

The printable version with notes displays the author, subject and timestamp - I need to prevent the display of the subject and timestamp in the printable version… could you please provide a suggestion with an example of how to “hide” this specific data as well? I realize that there currently isn’t an API for what I’m requesting, but I would feel comfortable, with your direction, making a minor revision to core code.

Thank you for your help! -Suzanne