PDFNet.dll fails on new system

I am moving my web application from an older version of IIS that comes with Windows Server 2008 R2 to a newer version of IIS (I believe it is 10) that comes with Windows Server 2012. Both servers are 64 bit operating systems. My web application using PDFNet.dll works fine on the 2008 machine but fails on the 2012 machine. The error is:

Could not load file or assembly ‘PDFNet.DLL’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘PDFNet.DLL’ or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

I saw other posts with this error and the solution was to change the app pool setting “Enable 32-Bit Applications” to False. I can’t do that. I have to have this enabled because I have other 32 bit libraries that will fail otherwise. Also this setting was enabled on the old system and PDFNet.dll was not complaining there. Why is it complaining now? and how do I make it work on this new machine?

It sounds like you may be missing a required redistributable:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-sdk/jXBDWdV0_NQ/lbTUzboBmncJ

I think I was missing the MS Visual C++ 2010. I have it now because I installed SQL server which probably included it and now that error is gone.

I am running PDFNet.dll v6.1.2.22594. How can I tell if this is the 32bit or 64bit version. When I remove the 32bit dependency and move the app pool to 64bit only how do I make PDFNet.dll work in 64bit mode?

On windows, you can right click the DLL in Windows Explorer, and select Properties from the context menu, and select the Details tab.