Office interop on MacOS

Hi there,

Is it possible to do Office interop when converting to PDF on MacOS?

I tried it earlier with Office installed on my mac, using the Python bindings, but no luck.

There is also no option int he Python bindings to set the Convert.Print.SetMode to e_interop_only?

No, Office Interop is only available on Windows OS. Same with our Virtual Printer, which is also Windows only.

To convert MS Office documents on macOS the most straight forward way would be to use our internal, dependency free, direct converter. This is the default so you would have been using this by default.

>There is also no option int he Python bindings to set the Convert.Print.SetMode to e_interop_only?
That will be available in a future release, but for macOS and Linux, it would essentially be a no-op.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you clearing that up.

I have followed up with our technical contact, Euan, on how he believes we should proceed given that there is no option for this in the Python bindings, as this was his recommendation.

Hi Ryan,

I just saw you added these bindings to Python - thank you very much.

Would it possible to:
1. Update the pre-built binaries for Python to include these?
2. Add these bindings to the PHP as well (if they are not already).
3. If possible, produce pre-built binary for PHP 7 if possible - but I would understand if this is out of scope.

Thank you in advance.

My colleague is handling all your particular questions.

The pre-built Python bindings are already done and available on our nightly builds, and the website will be updated at a later time.

Regards,
Ryan

Fantastic, thanks Ryan for all your help.