Not able to load xfdf data

Product: PDFTron

Product Version:9.2 (iOS)

Brief summary of your issue:
We observed that when we are trying to load XFDF data on some pdf, app is getting crash.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:

• Open given PDF
  • Load given XFDF data into it
  • App is crashing on xfdf load

Can you help us to identify why app is getting crash? The crash is happening in iOS and Android both.

for opening pdf we are using:

documentController.openDocument(with: fileURL)

for loading xfdf we are using:

let fdf_doc: PTFDFDoc = PTFDFDoc.create(fromXFDF: fileURL.path)
documentController.pdfViewCtrl.getDoc()?.fdfUpdate(fdf_doc)

Link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:
XFDF_Crash.zip (63.8 KB)
→ zip contains Form PDF and xfdf data we are trying to load (Both xml and txt data are same)

Thanks.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi,

This is because the XFDF seems to be problematic. I’m getting the following exception with your XFDF.

Exception:
Conditional expression: o != NULL
Filename : Field.cpp
Function : GetType
Linenumber : 104
Error code : 0

May I ask where you obtained the XFDF data? Was it using PDFTron or a different solution?

Thanks.

Hi Shirley

I am facing the similar crash on my XFDF PDF. I have already raised one ticket for the same and here is the ticket link https://support.pdftron.com/support/tickets/38466

However, i am not able to replicate this crash on your sample project unfortunately. But i am continuously facing this issue in my project. It would be very helpful if you kindly go through the ticket and resolve my issue, I have already described the issue briefly on the ticket itself.

Thanks
Abhishek