Moving from GhostScript to PDFTron for PDF rasterzation

Q: I’m testing your PDF2image and PDFNet for OS X. Great products!

http://www.pdftron.com/pdf2image/index.html

We use GhostScript but we have problems. We would like to change the rasterization engine.

About PDF2Image:

1. I have read all the documentation and I have not found references to color management when the engine rasterize from CMYK to RGB. There are any possibilities to consider the source profile/s in the PDF and convert for example all to sRGB?

2. From my test pdf2Image support also CJK fonts. Can you confirm?

3. If for any reason a font is not embedded in the PDF (completely of as subset) PDF2Image substitute with “some” default font?

A:

Color management is by default enabled when running pdf2image. It can be disabled with --nocms otpion.

You can also use --icc_rgb and --icc_cmyk to overide default ICC profiles used to represent device RGB and CMYK color spaces.

In PDFNet color management is controled with PDFNet.SetColorManagement() and PDFNet.SetDefaultCmy/RgbProfile().

➢ If for any reason a font is not embedded in the PDF (completely of as

➢ subset) PDF2Image substitute with “some” default font?

Correct. In case you don’t like default substitution you can provide your own font mapping using ‘–config’option. A sample XML config file is attached. In PDFNet the config file can be loaded using PDFNet.LoadConfigFile() or providing an explicit mapping via API (PDFNet.AddFontSubst - as shown in PDFDraw sample).

1. From my test pdf2Image support also CJK fonts. Can you confirm?

Yes, we support all fonts that are described in the PDF standard, including CJK fonts.