Moving annots on zoom

WebViewer Version: 8.3.3

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
Moving annots on zoom

Hi! How can I modify or disable feature with moving selected annot on zoomed pdf? I put .gif with that function I mean below. Sorry but I couldn’t find name of this function in documentation.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hello dawid.ostafin,

You can stop annotations from moving with the NoMove option: PDFTron WebViewer Class: Annotation

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

I put it wrong in words, I meant that how can I disable auto moving preview with selected annot on zoomed PDF, as in video above. I want to move annots but without moving preview.

Hello dawid.ostafin,

Currently we do not have an API to disable this so I have added it to our feature backlog. Thank you!
You could try disabling scrolling through manipulating the DOM.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron

Hi @tgordon !

please tell me, when will it be fixed? In current state this feature breaks the usability of our product and it is impossible to use it like this. We have a lot of complaints from our customers. It need to be solved with a hotfix or smth like that. Thanks for your help.

Hello dawid.ostafin,

This issue is actually a fix (and feature) we are planning in the next release. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron

Could you tell me when this fix will be ready probably? We are waiting for it because of we have to have it on our app release.

Hello dawid.ostafin,

The fix has been merged and will be available in WebViewer v8.5 which is looking to be released on May 13th. Thank you for your patience!

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron

1 Like

move-zoomed-annot

after updating to 8.7.0 moving preview with selected annot the current behaviors is looking like this on zoomed PDF, as in gif above. I want to move annots but without moving preview.

Hello john.ostafin,

What do you mean by “preview”?

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron

i mean in viewer you can see annot moves at certain area but background isn’t moving which is quite improved but still if i move annot in corners / edges in zoomed view the background starts moving which i want to disable

Hello john.ostafin,

You can disable scrolling of the page with setting a new DisplayMode then switching back to the normal display mode when not selecting/moving annotations

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
PDFTron