mergeDocument method not working properly

Product: PDFTron

Product Version: 8.10.0

I have scenario to merge the pdf file on top of the existing pdf file. So the new pdf file pages should on top of existing pdf file and merge it. To achieve this functionality I was using mergeDocument (file, 0) method.

this.state.viewerInstance?.Core.documentViewer.getDocument().
mergeDocument(file, 0)

The same code was working properly and it was adding the new file of top of existing file in 8.1.0 version, but after upgrading to 8.10.0 the functionality is not working as expected its adding the file below the existing document.

In method i am passing the position param as zero that means it should merge the file on top of the other file but instead it’s merging the file below the existing file. Can you please help me on this how to resolve this issue?

Hi

We’re looking into this, thanks for your patience.

Wanbo

1 Like

Hi,

You can use 1 instead of 0 as the 2nd parameter with the latest version of WebViewer. Please try it out. Thanks.

Wanbo

Hi Wanbo,

Thanks for the solution. I have tried to use 1 instead of 0 it’s working fine but, can i know the reason why we have to use 1 instead of 0 and does now position of pdf file page starts from 1.

Regards,
Tousif

Hi

It could be that now we use page number (starting from 1) instead of page index (starting from 0).

Wanbo

1 Like