Issue with signature tool for image signature

Product: webviewer

Product Version: 8.9.0

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
(Think of this as an email subject)

signature preview is incorrect for image signature when using square images

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)

as mentioned in the subject when you use a square image (same width and height) as a signature the preview is distorted on the signature tool, when placed on the document is ok, but even so is an issue that causes problems for me as i use some functions that take on height and width for calculations, this happens for initials as well, distorted in the preview, ok in the document, this is reproducible in the demo sites, so please take a look and fix it as soon as you can

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible: check demo site on digital signature section

Hello @renkoha,

I am not able to reproduce this issue; can you provide specific steps to reproduce this? If you have any sample documents/images that also helps. Please clarify what you see vs the expected behaviour.

I added a square image as a signature and do not see any distortions:

Best Regards,
Armando Dorantes Bollain
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

this is the link where the issue happens JS Digital Signature Demo | PDFTron WebViewer

it happens in chrome, edge, mozilla, i have windows as my OS and my coworkers have linux and MacOS and it happens in all browsers for them too

here are screenshots and the image that is causing the issue

bubble

as i mentioned before the preview in the signature tool is stretched horizontally, and happens only with images with same height and width, this was not happening in 8.7.0

Hi @renkoha

I was able to reproduce this issue with the provided image.

We’ve added the issue to our backlog to be worked on in the future. We don’t have a timeline for when it will be fixed but if it does get fixed we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date. If you have a desired timeline for having this issue fixed please let us know and we’ll do our best to work with you on how this can fit into the release schedule.

In the meantime, as you noted the signature applied has the correct dimensions - it is only the preview that is affected by this issue.

Best Regards,
Armando Dorantes Bollain
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

well i use the preview for some calculations i do in other places but i already implemented a function to solve the issue so this is not urgent, however it would be nice to be notified when the issue is resolved

Hi @renkoha,

We’ll provide an update in this thread when this issue is fixed, thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
Armando Dorantes Bollain
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.