Is there a way to group Signature stamp data to keep a single copy for multiple Signature widgets?

Product:
PDFNetPython3

Product Version:

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
I have a use case where one doc can have multiple Signature widgets in different pages. When I fill the signature fields (with same signature image) using doc viewer and generate XFDF out of it, I see imagedata is replicated for each Stamp annotation (one for each Signature widget) thereby increasing the size of the XFDF. Is there a way to keep single imagedata element with base64 or image and map it to all Stamp annotation as the signature is same for all the Signature widgets. This will help reduce the size of the XFDF.
The reason I need it because I can generate the XFDF with filled form fields and pass it to backend for further processing.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Currently no, there is no optimization around this, mainly as it is a pretty uncommon use case.

Signature widgets in different pages.

Are these actual signature fields? Or Stamp annotations?

When I fill the signature fields (with same signature image)

So you are not doing full cryptographic signing then, just a visual signing?

Could you just send the image back to your server, and do the merging there? On the backend, with the full PDFNet SDK you can re-use the image for all the signatures.

Hi Ryan,

So you think sending the XFDF with form fields and their values from frontend to backend is uncommon?

Are these actual signature fields? Or Stamp annotations?

Yes they are actual Signature fields. I am using SignatureWidget to create those.

So you are not doing full cryptographic signing then, just a visual signing?

Yes kind of visual signing. Its like placing a signature (image or base64) over the Signature field and flatten the document at the end.

Could you just send the image back to your server, and do the merging there?

Yes that is what I am trying to do as that seems better option than sending a big XFDF with repeated image data for each Signature field.

…values from frontend to backend is uncommon?

I meant using the same image over and over again, though I understand that this could be common for signatures in particular.

I believe my other forum here answers your question of adding an image to signatures on the backend.