I hope you can help us with an issue we are having with how some characters are showing up as invalid symbols in the PDF.
For example, if we have the following in the HTML:
Comment ça va
This shows up as the following in the PDF after the HTML2PDF conversion:
Comment Ã§a va
This seems to be an encoding issue where the mapped characters to their corresponding glyhs are not the same - is there a way we can we fix this?
definitely sounds like an encoding mismatch. If the HTML is not specifying the correct encoding you can call the following.
and pass this setting object into each of your HTML2PDF.InsertFromUrl calls.
From our documentation…
@note available encodings are Apple Roman, Big5, Big5-HKSCS,
- CP949, EUC-JP, EUC-KR, GB18030-0, IBM 850,
- IBM 866, IBM 874, ISO 2022-JP, ISO 8859-1 to 10, ISO 8859-13 to 16,
- Iscii-Bng, Dev, Gjr, Knd, Mlm, Ori, Pnj, Tlg, Tml, JIS X 0201, JIS X 0208,
- KOI8-R, KOI8-U, MuleLao-1, ROMAN8, Shift-JIS, TIS-620, TSCII,
- UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-16BE, UTF-16LE, UTF-32, UTF-32BE, UTF-32LE,
- Windows-1250 to 1258, WINSAMI2.