How to make use of the PDFNet Android PDFViewCtrl's Tool and ToolManager interface

Q:

Based on the documentation (http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/mobile/Javadoc/index.html), we are able to fully customize the Tools.jar library. However, I have a trial version and I want to write my own tool library for testing. Do you have some samples?

A:

We provide, to licensed customers, with the source code of Tools.jar for full customization and rapid development. The attached is a simple exemplar implementation of a tool library using pdftron.PDF.PDFViewCtrl’s ToolManager and Tool interfaces. It simply checks if a single tap gesture taps on a link, and if so, navigates to the link.

Update: Starting with version 6.1.0 of the Android PDFNet SDK, the Tools library is now shipped as an Android Library, and its source code can be found in the samples folder. The package does not include the Tools.jar anymore, and you now have the flexibility to include the source directly into your project or create a separate library for your projects.