How can i make a pdf form editable with all its form fields?

Product:PDFTron SDK

Product Version:Demo

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
How can i make a pdf form editable with all its form fields?
(Think of this as an email subject)

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
I would like to edit form fields like: editbox, radio button, checkbox etc .
I need some control similar like setEditable(true).
I have tried with mToolManager.isReadOnly = false but it is not helping me out.
inspection_pdf_form.pdf (406.8 KB)

I have shared one sample pdf where form fields should be editable.

please assist me is there any method to get control over this.
Thank you.
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi,

Looking at the PDF file submitted, this file contains no form fields to edit.

Did you send the correct file?

You may want to look at our PDF Forms example at https://www.pdftron.com/documentation/samples/#interactiveforms

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, this is the correct file which i have shared with you. I have attached a recording with this same file editing. Please have a look & any suggestion towards this solution will be appreciable.

Thank you.

The forum post was originally tagged as ios and android but your video appears to be using our WebViewer web SDK.

Could you please confirm exactly which of our SDK you are asking about?

Finally, in your video you show that the PDF initially has no form fields, but then you press the “Edit” button.

What exactly does the “Edit” button do?
Can you provide the code for the Edit button so we can review.

Hi,

For sure I need this for PDFTron Android SDK . In last of your reply you have asked to confirm the file.So the reason i have sent the recording is to confirm the File contains editable fields. I am not sure how in web-view it has been implemented & what has implemented in edit button event. Even i do not have source code of web view app.
I am looking similar for the Android SDK implementation.

sent the recording is to confirm the File contains editable fields

The video appears to shows that the PDF does not have editable fields. Only after you select the “Edit” button that what appears to be a new PDF file is loaded which does have editable fields. Clearly this second file, after clicking Edit is not the file you provided.

Even i do not have source code of web view app.

The “Edit” button does not appear to be part of our SDK, note that the button is in your website UI, not the viewers toolbar/UI.

Who implemented the “Edit” button? They should know where the code came from.

I am looking similar for the Android SDK implementation.

Once you know what that “Edit” button is doing (by determining the source of the code) then it can evaluated how to get that logic in Android.