Form Contents goes away when clicking the forms button on the toolbar

WebViewer Version:

Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)?
Forms feature in the Web viewer makes the form content go away when selected.
Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos?
Are you using the WebViewer server?
no
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers?
all of them have this issue.
Is your issue related to a front-end framework?
I am using react framework
Is your issue related to annotations?
no
Please give a brief summary of your issue:
(Think of this as an email subject)

Form Contents goes away when clicking the forms button on the toolbar

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)
When I fill up the form and selects the forms section the content goes away . The editing details are there in the comments bar but not visible in the form

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hello,

Just to clarify, were you talking about going into form builder mode while content is filled into form fields? If so, this is expected as the focus will be on adjusting the form locations as opposed to the content. If you apply the fields or change out of the tool group, the content will reappear.

forms

If this is not your issue, could you please provide the exact steps to reproduce so I can investigate on my end?

Andy Huang

Thats right , what my requirement is that just like annotations, we see and track the changes. In a similar fashion we need the same for forms as well . I saw that in the Form builder mode we can see the content in the sidebar but not in pdf . We need the trackers as well as form content in PDF for forms section.

Hello,

This is expected as when you are in form builder mode, the widgets and annotations are disabled and the focus is on modifying form fields. While in the form builder mode, you are editing placeholders of the widgets and not the actual widgets. When you click Apply Fields, the changes are then applied to the fields. If you need to see the value of a form field, it is shown when you open the popup.

If you feel that form builder mode is too confusing for your users, you can disable the mode entirely instead.

Andy Huang