Failed attempt in StartPrintJob for PDF file printing

Hello,

I evaluate PDFNet 6.6.1 and found several issues in it. First of one is failed attempt in printing attached PDF file:
http://download.print-driver.com/files_exchange/mb/PDFNet-issue01.zip

Please let me know if you are able to fix this issue. I plan to use PDFNet in my software products. Receiving bug reports for end-users is common situation for me. And I would like to be sure, that if I order PDFNet, I will be able to receive fixed builds.

My code is below.

Function PrintFile(sPDFFile As String, sPrinter As String) As Boolean
Dim bResult = False
Dim doc As PDFDoc = Nothing

Try
doc = New PDFDoc(sPDFFile)
doc.InitSecurityHandler()
Catch ex As Exception
Console.WriteLine(“Failed attempt in loading file '” + sPDFFile + "’. Exception message: " + ex.Message)
Return False
End Try

Dim printerMode As PrinterMode = New PrinterMode
printerMode.SetCollation(True)
printerMode.SetCopyCount(1)

printerMode.SetDuplexing(printerMode.DuplexMode.e_Duplex_Auto)
printerMode.SetOutputColor(printerMode.OutputColor.e_OutputColor_Color)
printerMode.SetOutputQuality(printerMode.OutputQuality.e_OutputQuality_High)

printerMode.SetAutoRotate(True)
printerMode.SetAutoCenter(True)

printerMode.SetScaleType(PDF.PrinterMode.ScaleType.e_ScaleType_ReduceToOutputPage)

printerMode.SetDPI(300) ’ regardless of ordering, an explicit DPI setting overrides the OutputQuality setting

Dim pagesToPrint As PageSet = New PageSet(1, doc.GetPageCount(), PageSet.Filter.e_all)

Try
Print.StartPrintJob(doc, sPrinter, doc.GetFileName(), “”, pagesToPrint, printerMode, Nothing)
bResult = True
Catch ex As Exception
Console.WriteLine(“Failed attempt in StartPrintJob for file '” + sPDFFile + "’. Exception message: " + ex.Message)
End Try

doc.Close()

Return bResult
End Function

Hi, this file is actually malformed, and does not conform to the PDF standard.

Are you encountering errors like this with many other PDF’s, or just this one file?

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I plan continue testing PDFNet component after your support told me how much it costs.
And if the price will be accepted for me.

1. On the page below I see text: “Able to work with corrupt PDF documents (e.g. PDF files with broken cross references etc.) and to correct problems in saved files”.
    http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/features.html

2. I plan to continue testing PDFNet after your support told me how much it costs.

Mikhael