End-user documentation available?

Hello,

and thanks for the low-threshold support possibility via forum. I would like to ask if there is any end-user documentation on how to use the web viewer and its functions. So ideally, we would like to provide this to the end users.

Thank you very much.

Roland

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi Roland,

For user documentations:

• You can checkout our docs page here
  • When you download the WebViewer build, the docs can be found in the doc directory
  • For more specific usage examples, you can find then on the Guides page
1 Like

Hello @ychen, thank you for your feedback. I looked at the URLs, and I don’t think I phrased my question clearly enough.

On the development side, inclusion of the PDF viewer in our software is all clear.

What has reached us is the question from the end users who use the now PDFTron enriched software, if there is an end user manual for the powerful web-viewer?

So more something like this for Word:

and not like this one for the Word API:

Hi Roland,

We stopped providing the end user documentation some years ago due to the nature of our customizable UIs. The WebViewer UI itself has many customization options and actually stays independent from WebViewer core (some users choose to build their own UI entirely). It was very hard for us to provide a consistent end-user documentation that works for everyone.

On the other hand, if you are interested in writing your own documentation, a good place to take some references from would be our showcase page.

Hi ychen, thank you for your reply.

That’s understandable, thanks again for your feedback. In that case, I’ll get started writing.