WebViewer Version: 7.2.0

Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)? No
Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos? No
Are you using the WebViewer server? No
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers? No
Is your issue related to a front-end framework? Yes
Is your issue related to annotations? No

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
Different PDF quality using print() and printInBackground()

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
I want to print file and annos to pdf without dialog so I’m using printInBackground() but comapring to print() the quality of printed file is worse.

printInBackground():

code:
this.WebViewer.setPrintQuality(5);
this.WebViewer.printInBackground({ includeAnnotations: true, isPrintCurrentView: true });

print():

code:
this.WebViewer.setPrintQuality(5);
this.WebViewer.print();

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hello dawid.ostafin,

According to our documentation: PDFTron

The recommended values are 2 to 5. 2 or 3 is suitable for most purposes. Values higher than 5 will have diminishing returns in terms of increasing quality. Note that it has no effect on the printed document quality if using embedded printing.

This means embedded printing quality is not determined by our API. printInBackground uses the embedded printing option.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron

So is there any option to improve quality of embedded printing or do I have to use print() to get high quality PDF?

Hello dawid.ostafin,

It looks like this is fixed in the latest version, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of WebViewer to benefit from the latest bugfixes and features.

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron