Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)?no
Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos?yes
Are you using the WebViewer server? no
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers? no
Is your issue related to a front-end framework? no
Is your issue related to annotations? yes

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
(Think of this as an email subject)
Need to add comment for the Form field editing just like annotaiton.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
(The more descriptive your answer, the faster we are able to help you)
I want to be able to add the comments when a form field is being edited. Currently I see that when i make annotation it adds a comment. Similarly i wanted to do that when users changes a form feilds.
Can you please provide me relevant developer resources where i can make those changes or modify the comment section for the web viewer

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi,

Looks like currently you’re able to add comment for a form field, please check the attached screenshot.

Wanbo

Thanks Wanbo,

Actually, the above post is when we manually put form fields.

My scenario is a little different.
To understand it.

1. Let’s take a fillable PDF Form.
  2. I apply the annotation (let’s say a textbox) → it added a comment in the comment section.
  3. Now if I try to fill the Fillable PDF which has form fields already on it. I wanna see that form edits in the comment section as well along with the annotation comments.

I hope this can make things more clear.

Thanks and Regards
Indranath

Hi,

This is by design actually, as widgets are not “Listable” in the notes panel. However, you can change the Listable = true and then the widgets will actually show in the notes panel. However, as you can see the UI is not really set up for them to show up here (no icon, description). The code sample is as below:

instance.Core.annotationManager.addEventListener('annotationChanged', (annotations, action) => {
    if (action === 'add') {
      annotations
        .filter(annotation => annotation instanceof instance.Core.Annotations.WidgetAnnotation)
        .forEach(widget => widget.Listable = true);
    }
  });

Thanks.

Wanbo