Cursor disappearing in viewer

WebViewer Version: 8.4
Custom cursor disappears for GenericAnnotationCreateTool when clicking multiple times outside the boundary of document viewer

Hi,

Could you try with the latest WebViewer version v8.11 and see if you still have this issue?
You can try our online sample here.

Wanbo

Upgraded to 8.11 and it will no longer happen for pure text ones except for those with an svg

Hi,

Could you provide detailed steps of how to reproduce the issue which can help us reproduce the issue and investigate? Thanks.

Wanbo

Clicking between multiple tools then clicking repeatedly outside the pdf will generate this bug. Might need to place a few annotations and then doing the above steps to reproduce. Thank you for the help

Hi,

Are you able to reproduce with our online sample? Could you provide steps if so? Thanks!

Wanbo

No, as I stated, this is a custom cursor for GenericAnnotationCreateTool

Hi,

Could you provide code or sample app so that we can reproduce locally and investigate? Thanks.

Wanbo

Can you provide me your email and I’ll send to you the snippet. Thanks

Sure, wli@pdftron.com

Sent to you the snippet, thanks

I would like to follow-up on this issue @Wanbo_Li thanks

Hi,

In your code, how you’re drawing the custom cursor? Also, could you provide a sample app (can just modify our sample if possible) which can reproduce the issue?

Also as the issue you have is happens after clicking outside the boundary of viewer, you can try do nothing when the mouse position is not within the viewer for the click handler.

Thanks.

Wanbo

Just using the cursor property in the tool object. I’m not able to provide a sample app right now.

This uses the webviewer ui variation. So you can try adding that generic tool inside one of the panels or try it with a custom cursor inside the left or right panel of the webviewer ui. It will successfully change the cursor, though it will exhibit the bug stated after the steps mentioned here. Thanks

Hello ram,

I looked at the custom code sent in and noticed youre setting:
this.cursor = 'none';
on mouseMove if an annotation exists.
Can you try removing this?

Best regards,
Tyler Gordon
Web Development Support Engineer
PDFTron