Copy/paste image in comment content

Product: PDFTron WebViewer

Product Version: 8.11

Please give a brief summary of your issue:

Hi,

As a WebViewer user, I would be interested in easily copy/pasting images from my computer to a comment, to a reply for instance.

By using ctrl+c/ctrl+v, I can insert an image in a draft comment:

But once I save, the comment is blank (nothing appears).

Is it planned to propose a feature to address that, please?

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible:

Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Best Regards,

Alexandre

Hello Alexandre,

We don’t currently have support for copy/pasting attachments into comments, but this does sound like it could be a useful feature that we could consider adding in the future. We will add it to the backlog for our product team to review for feasibility and viability.

If you could provide some further information around the context of why you want the feature, this may help prioritize its development. We would be interested to know:

• What is the workflow that you would use the requested feature in?
  • Why is the feature valuable to you and your users?
  • How are you coping without it right now?

Best Regards,

Carlo Mendoza
Web Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hi,

• What is the workflow that you would use the requested feature in?
    Basically, it would be to easily share attach an image from my computer or from a part of the document (like a screenshot for instance) that is relevant to comment multiple times to save time.

• Why is the feature valuable to you and your users?
    For instance, have a comment with a logo to insert several times in multiple pages

• How are you coping without it right now?
    It is clearly a problem because I just comment as an image one time, and then I should copy and paste the initial object multiple times.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Alexandre Pellet

Hello Alexandre,

Thank you for your feedback! This request has been added to our backlog for our product team to review.

Best Regards,

Carlo Mendoza
Web Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.

Hello @cmendoza

Thank you, do you have an update?
Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards,

Alexandre Pellet

Hello Alexandre,

I have added this feature to our backlog and it is being reviewed by our product team for feasibility and viability. We don’t have a timeline for when it will be worked on but if it does get added to WebViewer we’ll let you know when it’s available in an experimental build to test out and the estimated official release date.

Best Regards,

Carlo Mendoza
Web Developer
Apryse

Hello @cmendoza,

Do you have visibility now, please?

Thanks in advance for your help :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Alexandre

Hello Alexandre,

Unfortunately, we still don’t have copy/pasting attachments on our road map at the moment.

To give you an update on this, the ability to paste images into the comments area was actually a bug that we have since fixed in WebViewer 10.0 and not an intended feature. While a feature to copy and paste images in the comments would be a nice to have, it may not be feasible since image comments are not included in PDF specification.

There is a way to add images as attachments in the comments panel but it only works on replies when there is already a base comment added and you need to add text to the reply as well. Please see:

Best Regards,

Carlo Mendoza
Web Developer
Apryse