Compilation error after integrating PDFTron SDK

Product: Native Android SDK

Product Version: 9.2.2 and 9.2.3

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
Compilation error after integrating PDFTron SDK.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
Repro steps:

1. Setup the gradle files with PDFTron dependencies and private repo
  2. Build or hit Run in Android Studio

Result: Get these errors:

values.xml. Cause: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can not add resource (com.android.aaptcompiler.ParsedResource@50082638) to table.). Check logs for more details.
Failed to compile values resource file /Users/seth/Projects/canopy/mobile/android/canopy/app/build/intermediates/incremental/clientDebug/mergeClientDebugResources/merged.dir/values/values.xml
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can not add resource (com.android.aaptcompiler.ParsedResource@50082638) to table.

Workaround: Use the AAR integration instead of gradle or use gradle integration referencing 9.2.1. Issue is introduced in 9.2.2 and continues in 9.2.3

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

I was able to replicate with the manual AAR integration as well. By updating the material library I get the same error.

Updating from 1.4.0 to 1.6.1:
implementation 'com.google.android.material:material:1.6.1'

Reverting back to material 1.4.0 works again:
implementation 'com.google.android.material:material:1.4.0'

Seems as though the PDFTron SDK isn’t updated to work with updated material library. That may be why I can’t integrate using Gradle Dependencies?

Hi Seth,

Could you let us know what your projects targetSDKVersion and compileSdkVersion is?

Best,
Eamon

compileSdk = 31
targetSdk = 31