Can we convert Pdf version 2.0 to Pdf 1.7?

Product: PDFTron.NET.x64

Product Version: 9.2.0

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
We are using Pdftron to overlay text on a pdf file in our dotnet core server. The source file is passed to pdftron as byte stream. Now if the original file is of version 1.4 pdftron is converting the pdf to 1.7 after the text overlay process. Now if we pass a pdf file of version 2.0 pdftron is not converting it to pdf 1.7 version. Our Business requirement need pdf versions to be consistent and I would like to know if there is a way with which I can achieve a consistent pdf version after the overlay process. In case if you have any code snippets to do the same it would be helpful.

Please describe your issue and provide steps to reproduce it:
Process with two different pdf versions being 2.0 and 1.4. You will find that the pdftron after the text overlay will convert 1.4 to 1.7 and 2.0 remains the same.

Please provide a link to a minimal sample where the issue is reproducible: NA

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Please note that some features in the PDF 2.0 specification are not available in 1.7. As such, downgrading might result in the PDF not displaying as intended by the original creator. You can refer to the link here for more information about PDF 2.0.

You mentioned that you would like to do this as part of your business requirement. Can I ask why this is important to your application? Do you wish to keep the PDF versions the same due to compatibility issues you might be facing?

Thankyou for the response, As I mentioned that other versions(1.4, 1.5, 1.3, 1.6) gets converted to 1.7 but if we pass 2.0 it won’t, according to your input some features in the PDF 2.0 specification are not available in 1.7 so, downgrading might result in the PDF not displaying as intended so PDFtron will not convert it, please correct me if I am not correct with this understanding. Yes, It is important for the business as we are converting everything to 1.7 except this 2.0 version, we wanted to convert this as well. And can you please conform me if PDFtron will convert any version of pdf to 1.7 as default or is there any property which we can change to control this conversion.