WebViewer Version: 7.3.0

Do you have an issue with a specific file(s)? No
Can you reproduce using one of our samples or online demos? No
Are you using the WebViewer server? No
Does the issue only happen on certain browsers? No
Is your issue related to a front-end framework? No
Is your issue related to annotations? Yes

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
I’m using PDFTRON to display a PDF Form which is bi-directionally coupled to an HTML form. I watch for changes to the PDF fields, and then update the HTML form; I also watch for changes to the HTML form and use field.setValue() to update the PDF field. Because field.setValue() fires a fieldChange event, I end up with extra logic to avoid a cascade of setValues => fieldChanged => setValue => etc…

Is there a way to either:

• Call setValue without firing the fieldChange event, or
  • See why a fieldChange event was fired (e.g. user input vs programatic change).

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hello Tim,

Unfortunately, there is no API that can do this as of now.

However, I suggest using a state variable to keep track of when a user updates the value within your application and use it to determine which logic to execute resetting it to false after the event.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for your application.

Check your ticket status - https://support.pdftron.com/support/tickets/25237

Best Regards,
Ahmad Moaaz
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems, Inc.
www.pdftron.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (and any attachment to it) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed in the header, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any reproduction, distribution, modification or use of the contents of this message (and any attachment to it) by any individual or entity other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original.