Bitcode issue when releasing the app

Product:
PDFTron SDK

Product Version:
Version 9.2.2.79502

Please give a brief summary of your issue:
When I built the ipa file or upload to app store, can’t build from bitcode version, I am using the custom tools framework.

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi @dickywkng,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about this.
Could you clarify in some more detail the issue that you’re having? Is there an error message that you are able to share?

Could you clarify what you mean when you say:

I am using the custom tools framework.

Does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target.

the tools.xcframework bitcode is set no, when I change to yes, that can’t build the ipa file

this build app
Step “<IDEDistributionCompileBitcodeStep: 0x7fa78f3c1d90>” failed with error “Error Domain=IDEFoundationErrorDomain Code=1 “IPA processing failed” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=IPA processing failed}”

Hi @dickywkng,

How are you integrating the framework into your app? Are you using CocoaPods?
What do you mean when you say:

I am using the custom tools framework.

Yes I am using CocoaPods and import PDFNet

but the tools is import from Customized version
So can’t use cocoapods pdfnet.sdk for it?

Hi @dickywkng,

Which version of the podspec are you using?
How are you compiling the Tools project?

Are you able to share why you’re using a customized version of the Tools framework?
Is there some workflow or UI you’re trying to create that is not possible using the APIs?

I am using pdfnet-no-tools/9.2.2.79502.podspec

I need to import custom stamp category for RubberStamp function, so I need to use customized version. The tools framework also download from latest sdk on download-center.

So, the tools project is imported the cocopods pdfnet.

Hi @dickywkng,

Custom stamps are supported in the Tools project. Are you able to share the customizations you have made?
We may be able to suggest a different approach which will avoid the need for compiling the framework yourself.

I have edited the PTRubberStampViewController, also add and edit the segmentedControl for my own custom stamps. but why I use 9.2.1.79382 that can bitcode and upload my own app to app store successfully

@dickywkng We do not recommend customizing the Tools project source code directly unless it is completely necessary. If you could please open a ticket on our customer support portal then we will be better able to assist you: https://www.pdftron.com/form/request/

We look forward to hearing from you via the customer support portal.