Android Displaying Page Thumbnail View

Hello,

I am migrating to Android SDK v9.1.2, I am expeceriencing an error when attempting to open the Thumbnail Page Viewer.

This error is being thrown after selecting the button from the bottom toolbar… (See image)

Android.Views.InflateException: ‘Binary XML file line #1: Binary XML file line #1: Error inflating class com.google.android.material.imageview.ShapeableImageView’

Also in the log:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn’t find class “com.google.android.material.imageview.ShapeableImageView” on path:

I looked more into this, the documentation I see says I need to include this somewhere in my project, just not sure where…

implementation ‘com.google.android.material:material:1.2.0-alpha01’

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I’m Ron, an automated tech support bot :robot:

While you wait for one of our customer support representatives to get back to you, please check out some of these documentation pages:

Guides:APIs:Forums:

Hi, this means you are using a different version of the material library than needed. You will need to specify version:
implementation “com.google.android.material:material:1.4.0” (which is what we use in the library)

You might be using another library that uses a different version, so you can force your gradle to use 1.4.0 of material library to make sure all libs use the same version.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you for the fast response again,

so where do I need to specify this version. In my View.xml, MainActivity or is it a nuget package I need to install?

Sounds like you are using Xamarin, in that case you’ll want to install 1.4.0+ of package in your application:

1 Like